Jaytee are proud to distribute the full range of Trajan GC gas filters and purifiers – essential for your gas chromatography analysis.
With the best UK pricing available, and delivery times between 3-4 working days, we believe our value added technical service is second to none.
Clean gas | Accurate analysis | Easily installed
Contaminants in gases significantly impact the quality of your GC results – oxygen, hydrocarbons and moisture can lead to problems such as noisy baselines, moisture entering the GC column, excessive bleed and septa degradation.
Even if carrier gas is of the highest quality, contaminants can be picked up from every part of the gas line – a gas filter is, therefore, needed to ensure that maximum productivity is achieved.
Two Ranges – Cartridge & Big Trap
1. Cartridge System
The Trajan Gas Filter System consists of two key parts: the filters and the connecting unit.
Designed to provide fast stabilization times to reduce gas consumption, and provide clean gas to GC and GCMS systems, the cartridges come in a number of filtration options: Carrier gas, moisture, oxygen and hydrocarbon.>
- The base plate enables the cartridge to be swapped out without any air entering the system
- A spring-loaded check valve creates a seal when the spent cartridge is removed
- Zero requirement for tools when installing
- Every filter contains adsorbent packed into a transparent tough housing with a maximum working pressure of 219 psi
- Perfectly suited to both GC and GC-MS systems
Gas Filter Selection Guide
|GC-MS||Carrier gas||High data accuracy, lower maintenance|
|GC column||Moisture and oxygen||Longer lifetime|
|Electron capture detectors (ECD)||Moisture and oxygen||High sensitivity|
|Thermal conductivity detectors (TCD)||Moisture and oxygen||High sensitivity, lower maintenance|
|Flame ionization detectors (FID)||Two hydrocarbon||High sensitivity|
|Photoionization detectors (PID)||Oxygen and hydrocarbon||High sensitivity|
2. Big Trap Gas Purifiers
For bulk purification applications or where several instruments are plumbed from a single source, a Big Trap gas filter is an ideal solution. A one-piece heavy walled aluminium tube provides 750 cm3 of capacity and a pressure rating up to 250 psig.
- GC & GC-MS applications where helium is employed
- Suitable for use with helium, hydrogen and nitrogen gas
- For oxygen, Moisture, Hydrocarbons & Universal
- High capacity filters ideal for bulk purification
- Can be used where several instruments are plumbed from a single gas source
- Suintered stainless steel frits prevent particulate contamination
Big Trap Gas Filter Technical Specifications
|Hydrocarbon||Moisture||Oxygen||Universal (suitable for helium, hydrogen and nitrogen)|
compounds from gas streams
|Removes water, oil and other foreign material from the carrier gas||Removes oxygen as well as traces of sulfur and chlorine compounds from the carrier gas||Removes oxygen, moisture, hydrocarbons, carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide|
depending on impurities
|130 g||3 Litres||A cumulative level of 100 μg/L
of oxygen, moisture, hydrocarbons, carbon dioxide and carbon
monoxide at a flow rate of 8 L/min
|Efficiency||<15 ppb||<5 ppb||<1 ppb||<100 ppb|