- Probable Instrument Fault
- Correct / Change Set-up & Re-run Analysis
- Probable Methodology Fault
- Leak in System - Pump Fault
- Detector Fault or Injector Fault
- Pump Fault or Column Compartment Fault
- Autosampler Fault
- Improve Method
- High Back Pressure Issues
- Run a Known Method on the System
- Look for Differences Between Systems
Run a Known Method on the System
As you have now ruled out human error the next stage is to separate the methodology from the instrumentation.
The best way to do this is to run a simple known method to prove the system is operating correctly.
Use a 1 or 2 component standard. Run isocratic, on a robust column. Run repeatability tests, most systems should achieve area reproducibility of <1% and retention time reproducibility of <0.5%.
If you don’t have a known method to run why not try this from Jaytee: